my husband might say i collect boots...

...and i would tell him i need a few more pairs before it's an official collection (wink). here's the problem i have: all of my boots are suede, and suede does not protect your feet well in rainy, snowy or icy conditions. my part time job as a field representative requires me to go from client to client to #1 get advertising information, and #2 be the happy, friendly face of the company, and i get to do it in all types of weather. i've been looking for a year or so for a pair of leather boots to keep my feet dry, but the main thing i wanted was a pair with a large enough circumference to fit over my skinny jeans without being so tight. i hadn't found any until lauren did an outfit post on her blog with this amazing pair of boots. i went to target the very next day and saw they had my size...jackpot #1. then i tried them on and saw that there was enough room for jeans...JACKPOT #2!!!

i got them in taupe because i thought that color would work with everything. the best part is that they were only $49.99, and while i know that isn't just pennies, it really is a hell of a deal for real leather boots. so i'm foreseeing many, many outfits for years to come that include these boots! the dress is french connection, but i was lucky enough to get it at the thrift store for $3!

you may remember me posting (a lot) back in the summer about the tiny baby kitties that i was raising. well, i've been missing them like crazy, and i swear every cat i see makes me miss them more. yesterday when micaela and i were at our favorite antique shop, i couldn't help but stop and rub a pretty long-haired black and white cat relaxing in the sun by a window. on my way home, i was so sad thinking about that soft kitty cat because i so badly want a feline friend to live with me. it's really crazy though, because i've always liked cats okay (we always had them when i was a kid), but i didn't give much thought to having a cat child...until i raised the kittens. now i'm cat crazy and all i can think about is having one curled up in my lap. that's random, i know, but i just can't stop thinking about cats.

thank you to miss stringbean studio for featuring dinosaur toes jewelry!
thank you to carla for being one thousand kinds of awesome, and for the blog feature!
if i'm forgetting anyone, please remind me, i'm terrible at remembering things.

18 comments:

  1. oh man.. i want some of those boots! we have dry winters here in n.florida, but we go to PA to see Matt's dad at least once in the winter and last year were got stuck in a huge snow storm! i wished i could wear my suede boots haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'ts not random, cats are essential. and cute and heart-warming and an alternative to hot-water bottles and and and.
    :)
    I want one. so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Those boots are incredible. I love them. And I'm not even necessarily a boot person.
    2. I want to see more of that dress cause it looks incredible too.
    3. I never had cats growing up, but there might not be anything in the world cuter than a kitten. Except maybe a puppy. I don't know, it's a tough call . . . I want one of each. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boots are fantastic! I need a new pair of fabulous boots this winter, but I just haven't been able to decide what I really want. Might head on over to Target now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh my gosh. I love those boots & now I really want a little cuddly baby kitten to curl up on the sofa with while drinking my morning coffee. What a great post dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the outfit, especially the dress!!! can't wait to see what other outfits those boots appear with...
    I love cats, they are great if they will go outside and they don't require a catbox. I don't think I will ever have one because I let Poesy out all day when I am working and am scarred from the Kika tragedy with my moms dog. I would be worried about the cat having a birdie snack. I like visiting fiends cats, or my family cats that live at my mom's.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, those kittens are as cute as your new boots- STINKIN CUTEEE!!! i really think you should get a feline child!

    and i think i need to convince max i need a pair of those boots from target :) paired with floral- brilliant!

    i'm loving your outfit posts btw. :) and just so you know, i got A LOT of compliments on my engagement ring ;) so cheers to being featured because dino toes the shop is my favorite!

    xoxoxo

    ps. i'm still mourning my enamel desk :( lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new boots - the colour and price are perfect! Those kittens are so adorable. I hate that I am allergic to them as I really love cats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh those are some nice boots!! Surely your hubby must understand that a woman can NEVER have too many boots. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. i tried those on too!!! i loved them but my friend rannie said they were ugly.....i didn't agree but since i'm going to hawaii i will continue to buy 50 cent boots for now.

    you look adorable! THOSE BOOTS ARE GREAT!
    love the color:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just bought those boots last week! now, if it would just get cool enough here (florida) to wear them, that would be swell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all... I love those boots! (: I wish the weather in FL allowed for boots. It's too hot here though!! :o(

    And omg kitties!!!! They are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok. it's official. i'm totally buying those boots as soon as i can scrounge up $50! i NEED them in taupe. i've already been dreaming of all the ways i could possibly wear them :).

    glad you love them!

    xo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love them...i think those would look perfect in my closet...i just hope my hubby thinks so too

    xo
    monica

    ReplyDelete
  15. SOS!! My closet needs your help. Where do you find your cool thrifted, vintage finds? I only find junk. You look straight out of a magazine. Like it's effortless. Like you just walked to your closet and grabbed something and it just happened to be fabulous. I have to try too hard and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  16. those kittens are ridiculous. in a good way, of course. but ridiculous nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ummm I just bought these boots at target on my lunch break. literally 30 mins ago. I love them even more now and I wish I would have worn them out of the store.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!