if i grow to be the size of a house, it will be because of this...

i had originally thought that i wouldn't do a blog post today partially because i don't really feel all that great (which means i don't really want to use my brain) and partially because i have other things that really can't be put off any longer, but i caved and decided to share one piece of heaven on earth. okay, and cassandra may or may not have given me a little push!

if one day i become too big to fit through my front door, i will be able to completely blame it on my cranberry orange bread. i'm not a boastful person, but when it comes to this bread, i dominate! to tell you how much chris and i like adore it, i can make a loaf late one afternoon, and by breakfast the next morning, it's gone aside from a few little crumbs (that chris leaves on the counter). i thought i'd share the recipe so you can grow to epic proportions with me!

set bread machine to 1.5lb loaf, white bread setting, light color. add these ingredients:

1 1/4 cup warm orange juice

3 cups bread flower

2 1/2 TBSP sugar

1 tsp salt

2 TBSP dry milk

1 1/2 TBSP butter or margarine

1 3/4 tsp yeast (i use the kind in the jar)

3/4 cup cranberries

now, get to it! and if you don't have a bread machine, let's just make a bread date at my house. sound good? i'll admit, i HATE baking, but i love using my bread machine 1. because it's easy, and 2. because it makes the house smell good! do you have any good recipes to share?

6 comments:

  1. Great. Thanks. Like I needed ANOTHER reason to gain unreasonable amounts of pregnancy weight. Grrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least it's got fruit in it! i have a brownie recipe that each time i make it's gone in no time!

    i've been craving cranberries since it's finally getting chilly out so i'm for sure going to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm....yummy!
    Great post!!
    I just found your blog.It's very cute.I added to your followers:)
    Have a nice day!
    xx Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks YUMMY! so i'm putting in my special order now... when we come to the house, please make a loaf just for me ;) and i promise to eat it in the time out chair.

    i think i'm going to ask for a bread machine as a wedding gift-- i've been wanting one forever!

    if i could live on two foods alone, it would be bread and cheese. i really would be as big as your house! lol

    ps. i love the plate and hope you feel better! i'm sure the cold rain doesn't help.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!