shopping can save lives.

on april 8th of this year, chris' second cousin, rachael horton, and her husband, aaron, were killed in a tragic apartment fire. although emotions are still raw, and their deaths are no easier to accept, their memory continues to live on through the legacy they left. rachael was a lifelong animal lover who gave money from her own paycheck to help pay for treatments that could save an animal's life when their owner couldn't afford it. after her death, the rachael horton compassionate care fund was set up in her memory to continue making her dream a reality. i've donated a percentage of sales to the lynchburg humane society before, and i was happy to do it, but i have to admit, this is something so much more special to me.

from now until november 18th, 15% of sales from my website will be donated to the rachael horton compassionate care fund in hopes of saving lives. no monetary value can be placed on the life a furry (or feathered) baby, and it shouldn't have to be; i hope this is a fund that will outlive me and everyone i know, because i think it is just that special!

8 comments:

  1. i will definitely be buying something for this great cause. awesome toes, so proud of you<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. You have such a big heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing thing to do to honour their memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have donated some money to the fund directly ,and also brought it to the attention of some of my "anipal" bloggers who posted about it for me back in May :)
    I have my eye on a few items but will have to wait til I get paid Thursday, I'll be keeping a tab open to your shop til then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so wonderful danielle! you are so sweet hearted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. Such a wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how I feel about the animals, Danielle, so I think it's awesome that you're doing this! What a great way to honour the memory of your family members, too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!