have/want

i almost called this post have/need, but decided against it to avoid a long explanation and even mild brainwashing, as my husband, like most husbands, doesn't fully understand a woman's need for new and exciting clothes. yesterday i was reading a post by one of the funniest and most entertaining bloggers, who also happens to be kind of a big deal as far as clothes are concerned, and i discovered a new website to stalk - mikkat market. i was hesitant to visit because i'm a champion cheapskate, and i had a feeling i'd want a bajillion dollar's worth of stuff. to be honest, the prices are affordable (translation: i'm far too tight to buy everything there, but i could definitely see myself getting a few things here and there), and the clothes are amazing. just for fun, i picked a few of my favorite things and then paired them with pieces i already have. one of my favorite things to do when shopping - window shopping included - is think of how i'd mix an item with what i already own.

1. WANT: silk button blouse, HAVE: necklaces from dinosaur toes and sadie designs.
2. WANT: zipper jacket, HAVE: studded flats (bought for $6 from a discount store, of course).
3. WANT: twisted shoulder dress, HAVE: cuff bracelet, a birthday gift from my mars.
4. WANT: orange ruffle skirt, HAVE: nude suede wedges from target.
5. WANT: white lace shorts, HAVE: vintage purse, christmas gift from micaela.

so there you have it, what i'd spend my money on assuming i had spending money! i kid. well, i mean not entirely, but like i've said before, my life is rich in so many other ways; a loving husband, the pretties parrot in the universe, the funniest pop alive, a successful website...what do i have to complain about?! wow, things just got kind of heavy, right? anyway, i hope you're enjoying your tuesday!

18 comments:

  1. Wow, I can tell you those awesome studded flats are on my "want" list -- what an awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh white lace shorts is on my want list too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! That coral-colored skirt just made it onto my want list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list, Danielle. It's inspired me to look at the things in my closet in a new way:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fun post, friend! i really love that skirt and of course, you're beautiful jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, this is pretty much the most brilliant blog post idea I've ever seen. have/want! I love it! And while normally I think my style is way more blingy/obnoxious than yours, I genuinely love all your pics. They're so pretty. Especially the white lace shorts, which make me laugh when I think about how they would look on me. But on you--beautiful. I think you deserve a splurge on at least one of these items!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, such darling pieces! That teal ring is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to just keep commenting but I can't email you back from your comment (email disabled). Do you use your aol account?

    Maybe you are talking about Adrian Grenier or whatever his name is?

    I looooove the idea of you wanting to break Gwen Stefani's cds--that is hilarious. The ex love of my life thought Jessica Alba was the hottest thing in the world and I started despising her and rolling my eyes every time I saw her picture. hahaha.

    My muffin top would be gross in those shorts! Plus I don't wear white cause I spill coffee and wine everywhere I go. But you are teeny and thin and need to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love those lace bottoms!!!!
    are you constantly shopping online? bc I cant! bc i get too sad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love these pair ups and your genius idea! i love how your style is airy, simple, but your accessories are key. I want those suede wedges! did you get them at target recently?! lol

    and those white lace shorts are my favorite too!!! so pretty.

    saving money sucks doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such a good post idea... except now i totally want the silk shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are those little lace shorts?
    I want em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I adore your round-up. As a fellow "cheapskate" I can sure appreciate reasonable prices. :)

    Adore your sweet blog!

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  14. You could totally rock those lace shorts! Alas...my lovely plus size legs would die in those shorts...ever heard of chub rub..the friction would cause a fire if I wore lace shorts. Hee hee! I make up for it by trimming all my skirts in lace! Hearts, janna lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooooh! good find! i especially love the orangey red pleated skirt. perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!