from film, with love.

i've told you several times now about my vintage half frame camera (an olympus pen ee) and i finally scanned in some pictures today! these are from my first roll, and as with any new camera (since i'm not a professional), there's sort of a time in the beginning when it's all new and you really have no idea what you're doing or what the outcome will be. there is a little bit of a light leak (which i've fixed for the roll of film that's currently in there) that was visible on some pictures but not others, but overall, i'm happy! i mean, come on, i get 48 pictures from a 24 exposure roll, what's not to like?!

one little note about my camera, i first found out about them from a post kjrsten did with some of her amazing photography, and i instantly knew i HAD to have one, there was no way to keep living without it. i found mine on ebay and i've been taking pictures with it nonstop since i got it!

15 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I've been wishing I could have a cool film camera but don't have the first idea about where to get film that isn't plain old boring film developed so I've held off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I can't wait to get fun film for my 1980's Pentax K1000. =) You're a lovely shot capturer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant! my housemate has one of these, it pleases me a lot:

    http://debbiehill.blogspot.com/2010/06/blue-green.html

    i've got an action sampler 4 photo camera, but it only likes bright sunshine so i'll have to wait a bit.

    Lovely lovely lovely bird pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful, and I like the "light leak"--plus, "light leak" sounds pretty. :) I don't know anything about photography but am impressed with your multi-faceted talent. what a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so are these going into your print shop soon? because i really love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are amazing! So lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle, that second photo better be one of the prints in our future photo trade. Well, okay, I shouldn't really be making such requests but I. want. it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these photos! i need a camera like this, totally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay, who's happy?!? I love the light leaks, Kona is such a handsome boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's the creek and Kona! I love that I got a visual:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. they definitely give off a 'professional' vibe! love them all :) especially the one with the dog! what kind of camera or film is this? I'd really love to shoot with this!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are beautiful!!!! i LOVE the first one! and i also adore the light leak!!! now you've got me looking for my own little gem of a camera...wondering, what kind of film does it require?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you inspire me.

    so much.

    that is all.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!