the winds of change are blowin' 'round these parts.

i feel like i'm channeling my inner cowboy or something, and i blame it on the rifleman. have you ever seen it? chris and i watch it every now and again when it comes on retro tv sunday afternoons, and we always wish they'd do a marathon so we could see more. the night before last i bought a dvd with three episodes of the rifleman on ebay, and now i can't wait to get it! i see many, many more chuck connors impressions in our future. anyway, wow, i get way off track, don't i? the point is, i've been changing some things around and i thought i'd show you!

the first change i made was in my bedroom. in some ways, i'm very much a creature of habit, but when it comes to how i decorate my house, i get bored easily. i took all of the antique and antique-looking prints out of the frames in my bedroom and replaced them with photos, taken by me and some other very talented ladies (anabela, kjrsten and elle moss). i'm thinking i like this grouping MUCH better than the last one...for a little while anyway. next: my necklace trouble. i had a victorian couple statue that i hung all of my necklaces from to keep them from getting tangled, but i'll be honest, i just never thought victorian couples and bling went together. enter the antlers. i wrapped some wire around a small section of the antlers (by the largest point) and then left a loop so i could attach it to my wall. voila, instant jewelry holder!

no, i'm not changing from digital to film for all of my pictures as i would go broke in a matter of days, but instead of using a bigger, bulky film camera, i'm changing it up and playing with my new toy, an olympus pen ee! i just recently got it in the mail (i got such a deal on ebay i almost felt like i stole it) and i can't wait to develop my first roll because it's a half frame camera, so i'll get two frames in each picture!

this morning i moved the changes into my pink room/jewelry room/guest bedroom/flojo's room/dumping ground for all of my things. i used to have a few of my polaroids hanging on that line, but recently i've been feeling like i needed to change it up and give other pictures some display time. rather than sticking to one theme, i decided to add the things i thought were pretty. i have photos taken by me, photos taken by other people, original drawings, prints from etsy, and even a pretty postcard! i think i like the combination; it's more interesting.

have you been doing any redecorating in your house?

13 comments:

  1. I really love the antlers to hold your necklaces.
    And also, the photograph grouping is really good too.
    So pretty! I wish I had your motivation right now:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great! but I am not surprised!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decor style. So uncluttered. Inspiring. Pretty. Airy. I could go on and on. I love the antlers. Clever !!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your photo grouping over the bed. It's not stodgy and perfect which is something I realized I prefer to do when hanging pictures. I love the antler necklace holder. All of mine are in a clump in a drawer right now and it makes me so irritated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the antler idea! i might have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the clothes line idea i might have to do something like that in my room!
    Peace & Love.
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. wintertime is definitely re-decorating time. i've wanted to re-decorate SO much lately, but jake likes things the way the are ... man. but your house looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how fun! i love when people post on rearranging and decorating. and your space is so pretty. i especially love the antlers to hold your necklaces and the clothes line of inspiring photos and prints! makes me want to rearrange too. but right now my space is just a complete mess haha. maybe in april!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really love the way you placed your art above the bed and the antler is a brilliant way (and so you) to display your bling.

    i still have yet to hang up art in our house... it's terrible. i have found use for tins i've had... i'm using them in my kitchen and pantry for canisters to hold sugar or flour.

    ps. i'm excited to put my bichon map of texas up!!! can't wait to show that off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is what I'm most looking forward to in the next week: cleaning my house! I want to put away the junk, ditch the clutter, and do my laundry already! Can't wait to hang a beautiful painting my parents gave me recently (I've been coveting it for a long time) and get that cat universe print framed. Thanks for the inspiration! I love the changes you made.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The antler for a jewelry holder is such a great idea!!

    <3 Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you know that you're a genius? Well, since you are one, you probably do...most genius' know their own kind, especially themselves. Anyway, the antler! *kisses fingertips* perfecto! The photo displays, bofem, SO pretty! I love your style, you're so coooool. Haha! I love from this weird talk to this over excited, woooow, speak. Point being, I love your style & your style reflects you, you = cool. There. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the way you put up the photos, i saw something like this a long time ago and wanted to try except im lazy and i don't try things hahaha. love that photo of the parrot. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!