the jewel thief.

i had originally planned to scan in pictures from the first roll of film i used in my olympus pen ee half frame camera, but i ended up not really thinking about it until just a little while ago, and if i'm being honest, i didn't feel like it! i had a long ichat today with my good friend brittan, i jumped on the trampoline, and much to the surprise of my floors, i vacuumed them. i like a clean house as much as any marine (no, i am not a marine, but my dad was, so i think i get my cleaning tendencies from him), but sometimes life happens and it's just more important and enjoyable than cleaning! anyway, flojo is crazy and things with her are black and white; either she loves something or she hates it. we didn't realize until the other night that she got so crazy over watches and wanted to kill them! if i were you, i wouldn't trust her with my jewels - you may not get them back...



i love the way she pushes it around and tries to pick it up and throw it even though it weighs as much as she does! also, you'll notice a pair of mangled blue jeans. those are flojo's. she knows that she dominates blue jeans, and if i even say blue jeans to her, the reaction ranges from an afro and wide eyes to an afro, squawking and maybe even a warning bite! i told you flojo is crazy!

12 comments:

  1. Bahahhahahahahaha!
    This video made me burst out laughing.
    Your bird is crazy (awesome)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I finally got a sense of Flojo's personality when I watched this video! What a little trouble maker! It must be so fun to have a pet bird, I've considered it but I don't know the first thing about taking care of them! Do Kona and Flojo get along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha haha! Flojo, you crazy girl!
    I love that she was so determined to throw it around that she almost was rolled over a few times!
    Silly birds. Poesy gets all crazy with some of her toys like that and will chase them around if you pick them up. And sometimes she will want to kill them and then want to snuggle them and in the middle of the attack, she fluffs up her and and puts it down like "ok, my turn, you scritch me NOW!"
    I love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarah, parrots are insane, but they're also entertaining, and unlike any other animal i've lived with. flojo actually doesn't like dogs very much. it's not that she's scared of them, but she such a dominant bully that she likes to be sure everyone knows it! kona is very calm and never does anything more than look at her if she's being crazy. when she flies across the room, he actually runs in the other direction like he's scared of her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh god, how adorable!!! <3
    my pet rat does the same thing with tissues ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute. And stills your dinner too.She might need manner school. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahh that video's so cute. she's sort of a maniac...i like her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! LeRoy has a love/hate relationship with blinds. Either he attacks them until he rips them off the window, or nuzzles them with the delicate caress of any grown male parrot (i.e. still rips them off the window)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great video! My budgie has some nut job things he does with the little toys around his cage. Those traits must be hardwired in bird DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. seriously. this video had me laughing so hard. SO STINKIN' ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!