if i haven't called or emailed you, it's not that i've fallen out of love...

...it's that i've been busy. sometimes i like being busy, and i truly am thankful for the things that are keeping me busy, but i feel like there are so many things i need to do and so many people that are pulling me in different directions. that kind of sounds like i'm complaining, doesn't it? well, i promise i'm not. just getting it off my chest, i guess. anyway, if i owe you a phone call, blog comments, emails, or a large amount of money, i promise i'm on my way! aside from jewelry making, here's what's been keeping me busy...

last saturday i spent a lot of the morning working on designing, redesigning, redesigning again, printing and cutting business cards. i still haven't taken the plunge and ordered any like a real professional, but until i do, and who knows when that will be, this will be my current business cards design. i'm pleased, and i'm really liking the white background as opposed to the brown kraft paper color of my old cards.

okay, i feel like i should always give you some sort of a warning or disclaimer before i show a picture of myself. something like, "1. i do not claim to be a model, nor do i take myself seriously. 2. i feel like a dummy. if you laugh, i might cry." self confidence issues? sure. i really need to find someone to model for me. like one day a week for about an hour or two would be perfect (hint, hint anyone who lives in the lynchburg, va area). so yeah, i've made some turban headbands and i think i like them. just be sure to look at the headband and not the wearer!

next, and maybe most exciting of all, i'm bringing back dinosaur toes totes! you can thank the people who voted yes for totes yesterday on the dinosaur toes facebook page. i'm not really sure why i quit making them, but i see sewing in my weekend plans! i've got some pyramid studs and leather, and that's all i'm saying for now. i'll show you more once i get a few made!

i hope you've had a good week so far. what have you been working on lately? and, have you entered the giveaway yet? you should! you could win a $40 gift certificate!

26 comments:

  1. YOU ARE GORGEOUS! Shut up with this self confidence thing! Those turbans are SO cool! But I'm dying over your cards...wow! I say show more face pretty girl!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all , your eyes look sexy in that photo. second of all...cute turban bands i want one..third of all awesome totes, you are a jack of all trades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that blue bag! i need it! and you look darling, hush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love(cards) love(headbands) love(totes)!! you've been a busy bee and we love you for it...amazing stuff every time danielle!

    AND you are another eye candy blogger i might say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new cards are beauties! As are you and your sewing, too! Keep making wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so stinkin' pretty. And...I didn't think I was a turban girl, until I saw your second photo.
    Finally, your business cards are SO SO SO good!
    Can I gush any more?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with the turbans (are you going to make that second style in a solid color?...ill buy it!) and that blue tote! And you're gorgeous, no need for the disclaimer! Haha

    Your business cards are perfect, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're crazy-pretty, you need never feel self conscious! I like seeing blogger's pictures, I think it makes the blog seem more personal. Love the totes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHY??????? can't i have freckles like yours???

    super cute biz cards and happy late b day to your pretty birdie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're adorable and those bags are beautiful. love the doily details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I am just echoing what everyone else is saying, and I also know that self-consciousness has nothing to do with prettiness. But Danielle, you are enviably pretty. And whoa those turban headbands are pretty great. What can't you do?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Obviously, you a gorgeous so I don't know what you're talking about. I am so in love with that second turban and I love your totes too! Oh I also love your business cards, obviously this comment is oozing with love for your beautiful self.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the second one! It looks cute on you, so hush! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your business cards, girl fiancee! but even more-- the TURBANS!!! gooorgeous!!!! i seriously wish i could pull that look off as beautifully as you do!

    YAY for the dino toes totes! i've been needing a new bag to house the entire contents of my purse.

    i love you busy bee talented goddess! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything!!! Especially the business cards - they look perfect! And I totally think you should have your bird on your head in these photos (I already forgot his name, even though I just read it!), cause that would be so darn cute!

    oh and one more thing, this post just inspired me to get up off my butt and get some things done :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME to photo #1
    OMG to photo #2.

    The omg is a GOOD thing really! Lately I've been really hatin' on turbans that are being worn around as "fashion" BUT I think you completely CHANGED MY MIND! Ha! I didn't think that was possible.
    Wearing a full on turban is just dumb but a turban head band seems a little more practical. I don't know but I like them! I might even buy one....can't believe I just said that.

    And the bags are SUPER! I might buy one of those two. And I just bought earrings from you this week...

    Lad, you are going to completely empty out my wallet if you keep this up.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH and one last comment b/c I am greed for your goods: you should do a giveaway for one of your totes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. damn it-"greedy" not greed. What is wrong with my spelling/typing skills?

    Sorry for the whole string of rambling comments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these headbands! And your jewelry is so unique and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shut the front door...you look fabulous!! Those turbans are adorable...as is everything you make! I also like your cards...very pretty. I love posting pics of myself...its not that i'm that self absorbed...I just like being a goof! :) Your adorable...end of conversation...never apologize for being beautiful (inside and out!) Take Care Lovely...Hearts, Janna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  21. you are beautiful miss danielle and you make a fabulous model :).

    LOVE your turbans. they turned out so great! now i want a turban AND a bag. you're so creative! i'm continually impressed by you!

    love you bunches! let's catch up soon!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are really an stylish yet simple girl. I just love the card and the hand bag, you were having.That is a nice and interesting sharing. As we can not bear heavy and thoughtful topics all the time, so its good to be in light mood some times :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. yay! those turbans are great and I can't wait to see the totes!!! hope you get to take a break for yourself soon.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm totally in a card rut and those are beautiful!
    Great work!!!
    -Cara Mason
    www.midkid.ca

    ReplyDelete
  25. those biz cards are rad! Like knocked my socks off!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!