field work: an outfit post

i always seem to like outfits that are mostly soft and feminine, but with a few rugged or even masculine details (because that means it's more wearable to me since i like to have some element of casual or comfortable). this was so comfortable, and i think once it's again warm enough to feel like i can go without tights, this will be a go to outfit!

field jacket: thrifted, dress: target, boots: target

i have to tell you, when i do these posts, i still feel kind of funny sharing multiple pictures of myself because how do i know you're not thinking i look ridiculous? it's my lack of confidence though, because when i look at other blogs with outfit posts (which i LOVE doing for all the great inspiration out there), i never think anything bad, instead, "look at those poses, she looks like a professional!" or, "if i lived near her i'd accidentally on purpose sneak into her closet and take that outfit" ... unless that's weird, then just forget i said it. BUT, regardless of my awkwardness, i still really enjoy posting outfits because it's such good motivation for me to NOT get too comfortable in a "uniform."

12 comments:

  1. i like to mix up the feminine with the masculine. i think it is a great style, plus raised around all boys it makes me a bit more comfortable, being too girly makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. love your boots lady :D
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I like a little rugged to a pretty outfit too, like boots and wool socks with a summer dress. We just got home from the army surplus store, and we had a field day...wool socks, rain boots, thermals and Doug got a new pair or desert boots for his birthday.
    Also, those shoes are perfect. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely boots you got! Totally agree with you; masculine x feminine is always the best combo. I love lace dresses and floral prints, but biker boots and rugged jackets are really great, too!

    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. cb, i'm the same, too girly and it just doesn't feel natural!

    beca, i love the army surplus stuff! i used to have an old military jacket that i think was my dad's when he was in the marines, but i lost it! :(

    lisa, thank you! lace is great, but with a rugged jacket it's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have such a great mix of clothes. For what it's worth, I look at YOUR posts and always feel like my outfits come nowhere close to matching up! So even though you're uncomfortable, no one thinks you look anything other than fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goshh love your boots so much! Flora x

    ReplyDelete
  7. caitlin, don't say that, you always look good, even in your sweats! see, i can't show myself in sweats because i look like a boy thanks to my flat chest ;)

    florah, thank you! they're sooo comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving all of your dresses and skirts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. olivia, thank you!

    mars, almost as comfy as my sweats...just not quite as warm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfit! It's seriously so cute.

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool outfit. Love the shoes, they definelty add a little bit of ruggedness to the outfit.

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!