we've got spirit, how about you?

shortly before thanksgiving, my cousins emily and elizabeth, my aunt cindy, and i all talked about and decided on a family tacky sweater party for christmas eve. i've been counting down the days to making a sufficient fool of myself, and my sister and i planned a sweater decorating day for saturday. i don't want to unveil our secret gems to family before christmas eve, but since my sister is the only one in my family who looks at my blog or even remembers the name, i figured this was a safe place to share what's got us so excited! let me apologize in advance for the pictures; i fear i'm getting old, because as you can see, if auto focus is not at my disposal, what looks sharp through the lens ends up looking more like your vision when you've gotten too little sleep and haven't yet wiped all the slime from your eyes.

i tried to keep my big bear out of all the glittered mess, but he insisted, so he ended up with glitter on his nose and head, but he didn't mind. my sweater really isn't all that bad (except i hate the color red), but i knew i could decorate it to make it ugly. and do i spy a pair of pendleton wool pants? yes i do. they're not so big that they fall down, but are big enough to give me about an extra 15 pounds in the thighs as well as what appears to be a little joey in his marsupial pouch.

i can't wait to see what everyone else found or made for the explosion of tackiness, and i'll be sure to take pictures WITH AUTO FOCUS because i have a feeling i'll be laughing at us for a long time.

how has your weekend been? what are your plans for christmas?

11 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!!!! the flowers on your sister's sweater is beyond amazing! you ladies look hot! if there was a contest you ladies would win! way to bring it!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! We went out and found some tacky Christmas sweaters at the thrift store for the sole purpose of having hilariously gross Christmas card pictures. We thought the end product was so funny (we did something like this http://cdn.randomfunnypicture.com/wp2/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/seasons-greetings-card-cat-creepy.jpg except with bird); but our family thought the sweaters looked really nice, and they loved how we included the bird so it was a proper "family" portrait. The joke was completely lost on them. I wonder how far we can push the insanity. Maybe we'll have to add turtlenecks and antler headbands next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot WAIT to see all your family's tacky sweaters. That's going to be so much fun. I like the way you decorated yours, and your awesome wool pants. My weekend was spent rolling my eyes at myself. It was awesome. . . haha :) I'm just at home for Christmas, no plans or anything special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet sweaters!:D
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, EPIC!!! I love this idea. I'll admit, I'm a huge fan of "ugly sweaters," as actual clothing... I don't know if I'd wear TACKY sweaters though, bahahaha! I love all the glitter!!! Y'all look amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. maria, we felt pretty awesome ;)

    cb, we actually talked about doing a competition and have the winner get a pie for looking the ugliest! i think we could prove to be serious competitors!

    kristen, i bet your cards are hilarious! and aren't you a little deflated when you mean for something to be humorous, but it's lost on people? that happens to me all the time!

    april, the eye rolling i get. i do it to myself all the time, too ;)

    thanks, tori!

    angie, yeah, i agree, ugly sweaters are sometimes good, but if i saw someone dressed in one of the sweaters we decorated, i couldn't help but stare and wonder what the hell they were wearing! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, looks so much better than what I ever imagined!!! I love that kona got his sweet face in the glitter too. My boys get into everything, always... I can't wait to see the rest of your family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so much fun! They look even better in the pictures than in person! Hahaha! --- by the way.. were the same height in this... hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh glittery fingers!

    Sorry for the epically late reply but you won my giveaway!! Check out my etsy and let me know what you'd like via email! lolo.holmes at gmail dot com :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. excuse me...i read your blog all the time!

    I must say, I believe you guys nailed tacky!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!