what i've been working on.

lately i've been really inspired, and (luckily) it's been one of those times where i look at supplies i haven't used in ages and all sorts of ideas just jump out at me! i love it when my mind works like this! and since i've been so inspired lately, i placed an order for some completely new metal to make things i've never made before, so when i see the UPS man coming down my road on tuesday or wednesday, i'll probably squeal at a pitch so high i'll attract dogs from a 50 mile radius! but until then, here are a few things i've been working on for my shop...

the earrings at the top are made with real teeth beads! isn't that crazy? all i know is that the necklace i got them from was from an old lady who did some traveling, but i don't know the animal or country of origin.

tomorrow is going to be an early day. chris and i are going to monterey, va (an itty bitty little town in the mountains) for the maple syrup festival. what can i say, chris really likes breakfast food. he'll get his buckwheat pancakes (gross) and i'll get regular pancakes, and we'll eat junk food, buy some amazing handmade soap and see what else there is to eat! we like food. a lot.

i hope you guys have a good weekend! i'll see you next week with another interview from a blogger and shop owner i REALLY like, as well as a giveaway!

16 comments:

  1. what gorgeous stuff! who knew teeth could look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces! I had to do a double take when I read those earrings are made from teeth. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tooth earrings...a lot. You are amazing. Have a good sticky weekend, at the syrup festival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...I love those pieces!! The tooth beads are cool!! You are seriously one of my most favorite jewelry designers in the planet...I must get something soon! ;) Hearts, Janna lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can relate to the first sentence so much- isn't it the best when supplies you've been staring at for a while suddenly make sense? i love your jewelry, i need a bullet crystal necklace very soon.

    your weekend plans sound so cozy, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun festival! Hope you have a great time! PS All three pieces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you truly are talented!!! not many can say they do what they love for a living and be CRAZY GOOD at it!

    gorgeous!

    i'm loving the printed bracelet.

    enjoy the fest and takes lots of sticky smile pics! :) i loooove breakfast food too, esp. at dinner.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Danielle - you are seriously growing so much as an artist. i am continually impressed by your talent and i'm loving all the new stuff you have.

    PS....i haven't had time to e-mail back, but don't worry about that clutch....i figured something out - plus i know you're so busy! anyway, i'll still write back soon though. we've got some catching up to do!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really like those earrings and I really really like you!
    I wish I didn't have big stupid holes where earrings should go, so that I could rock those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much excitement: an interview, a giveaway, awesome. Can't wait to hear more about this maple syrup festival. I thought that sort of thing was for Canadians only. Fun times. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the all amazing jewelry you come up with...you're so very creative and each one is beautiful!! have a lovely weekend! xo, katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I love them all! Those earrings are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those tooth beads are seriously cool. And I love the second bracelet like whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these new things and am looking forward to seeing what you continue to make. Maple syrup fest & pancakes? yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. those teeth beads are crazy!! but way cool.
    tone xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are so talented, i cannot stand it.

    pretty soon, i'm going to re-pierce my ears of having them unpierced for at least seven years. and i cannot wait to start getting pretty earrings, like the ones you make, for my ears to have as wonderful decor.

    :]

    you rock.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!