check out these guns. no, really.

i thought i'd just do a quick post to show you what i did today. dad called early this afternoon and asked if we wanted to do some target practicing (like he even needs to ask!) and then go to eat dinner later. where chris and i live, there are no neighbors (just look at the pictures), and we have about 140 acres where we can do whatever our hearts desire, and often they desire target practice. pop brought his new 1979 colt .45 (the same gun he had in the marines) to shoot for the first time, and we also had a 9mm, a .380, and my personal favorite, a .22 rifle. now you might be thinking, "this girl sounds like a militia hunting lady." you'd be wrong. i just like shooting a gun, but the only thing i'll ever hit is a target. anyway, i always like to have my camera handy, and pop and tricia, my stepmom, are always happy to play along with any poses i think we need to do!

the second picture is my mean face, so be afraid if you ever see it. i kid! i love the last picture of pop and tricia doing their mean faces!

in other news, i have a slight sunburn on one arm from sitting on my front porch crocheting this morning and enjoying the beautiful spring weather. and best of all, while we were at dinner, we were tall talking about speeding tickets we've gotten over the years, and this is the best quote i've ever heard, courtesy of my pop, "i was in japan for a year and got 6 tickets! and i didn't even have a car! and one of those was for driving on the sidewalk!" the man's crazy. period.

22 comments:

  1. I love your little photo session. Your parents are a trip.

    I'm so terrified of guns... Everytime someone mentions it, I always think of that episode of 90210 where Brian's bff shot himself by accident. So sad and scary!

    But one day I hope to go to a shooting range so I can get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and your pop could go toe to toe. I've racked up over $500 in PARKING tickets so far this year. wtf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha love these photos! Have never fired a gun of any kind in my life, looks exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the best post, Danielle! you are one hot mama holding those guns! (he hehe) the poses are great.
    can't wait to see what you are crocheting...
    xoxo

    p.s. how DO you get a speeding ticket without a car and for driving on the sidewalk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah i love this post! i went to a gun range last year and fell in love with it! it's so much fun. and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never shot a gun before but I've always wanted to and this post reaffirms that for me. It looks like you guys had a whole lot of fun, and I'm glad to see there are people out there who aren't afraid of guns. I know you said you don't hunt, but far too many people give hunting and guns a bad rep for all the wrong reasons. Hope the rest of your weekend is just as much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. posing with guns is just wicked. and you guys are fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like you had so much fun :) I adore the first picture

    http://hooliganchoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your pictures girl! have a great sunday;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet family! I love it!! I happen to be an expert shooter, at least the Air Force said so when I was in! :) I love to shoot as well as archery...but only targets..no animals or people! :) I feel like I got a free ticket to the gun show...ha ha...had to say it! :) Hearts, janna lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. hilarious!!! Lol now i see where you get your humor from ;) i love the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are too cute, Danielle!! I love your property, you're lucky!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you and your little gun toting self is pretty much the most adorable ever :). i love that you like to go target shooting - it's so unexpected, but awesome :).

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are seriously bad ass. Oh and your dad's face is PRICELESS! I burst out laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww FUN!! I haven't been to the range in months, this reminds me I need to go with the hubs and try out the new shotgun =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's so crazy that you love guns and shooting them! just never would have guessed at first, when i 'met' you. but now i really love the posts and photos from your shooting sessions, so to say, hehe. <3 <3

    lovelove.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love you mention shooting and crocheting in the same post. I'm a knitter that's working up the nerve to go to the shooting range.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YOU ARE BADASS. I AM IN LOVE. CAN I STALK YOU. I'M SAD THE PHONE HUNG UP ON US THE OTHER DAY. CAPITOL LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've only shot a .22 rifle...so, good to know it's your fav. ;) Also, you're badass. & my dad's a nut & has a sniper rifle. I'll show you pics some time...nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm terrified of guns, too. So now I think you are incredibly brave. And also your "mean" face made me laugh. (Sorry.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this post is so awesome!! i kind of really like guns though don't own any of my own... i really think though that if anything people should at least know how to shoot just in case they're in a position where they're robbed or something but somehow manage to get ahold of a robber's gun (if they have one)... anyway, nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I meant to comment on this post on the weekend, but better late than never. I love that you shoot guns and use the casings to make your jewelry. That seriously makes you super cool in my books. I've heard in Vegas you can shoot any kind of gun you want. I've never shot ANY kind of gun, but I think I'd be willing to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!