one pattern shy of crazy

you know that feeling you get when you love the outfit you're wearing - you feel confident and awesome and you kind of don't want to take it off?  this skirt makes me feel that way about my outfit.  also, it has pockets so i know what to do with my hands which we all know adds a ton of bonus points.






























shirt: banana republic (thrifted) // skirt: target (thanks, birthday money) // sandals: aldo // necklace: dinosaur toes

there is one accessory i decided to leave out of this equation.  i love pattern mixing to the point it can cause my eyes to hurt from all that's going on, and if i had the confidence i wish i had, i'd mix like that.  BUT, since i can be a little insecure, and because this conservative little town isn't ready for stripes and polka dots AND floral unless the wearer is crazy (bless their little heart), i opted for the tan belt instead of the floral on i was this close (my thumb and forefinger are nearly touching) to wearing.  maybe next time.

so how was your memorial day weekend?  great, i hope!  we pool partied and cooked out, went exploring through the woods, and playing in the creek, and i loved every minute of it!

20 comments:

  1. O! I saw this skirt at Target and loved it but my size was taken :( I feel the same way about my little town and pattern mixing. But I have decided to be the crazy lady in my town and wear too many patterns at once. The stares at the market are epic!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it seems like target stores never get enough of any size. i really wanted the green polka dot one, but they didn't have my size. being the crazy lady is great; keep it up!

      Delete
  2. I see why you're confident because you look awesome! As usual of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this skirt too! Is it still at target?

    Judy
    SecondGlimpses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i just got it a couple weeks ago, so they should still be there!

      Delete
  4. i dont know, i think you could totally rock that floral somewhere. i love when that happens. i wore one of my favorite dresses yesterday and it was really hard to take it off and put on my stupid pj's. can't a girl just sleep in her dress if she wants to? i believe that all dresses , skirts should have pockets. it makes life so much better! plus when it doubt stick your hands in your pocket!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, you'd be the most stylish sleeper ever! i love when i'm so happy with clothes that i don't want to take them off! clothes with no pockets are insane. what was the manufacturer thinking?!

      Delete
  5. Next time just wear the floral belt. Show those townies who's boss!

    Stop by & enter my eShakt Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lookin' good! I'm having to tamper down my white trash tendencies and not cut all the sleeves off my t-shirts, cause it's so damn hot. People would think I'd had so much potential when I graduated to high school and then got hooked on drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this outfit! Right up my alley! You look darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute skirt Danielle! And love the pattern mixing :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  9. This skirt is so much fun! I agree.

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha love the bird accessory, totally make the outfit. ;) I also quite like that skirt and could see myself feeling just lovely in it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh I am in love with that skirt!!! I feel like I've missed so much in my week away from blogging. I've been trying to madly catch up on everyones happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so pretty and I wish I had your good sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. do it girl! You gotta rock what you FEEL!!!! Its a great outfit nonetheless :)

    and i'm doing a little giveaway, and wanted to share with some of my favorite ladies.

    http://talesforkarina.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-goodies-from-mab-graves.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I think you could rock it, even with a little floral belt on! :D


    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This outfit is so cute! I'm in love with the skirt :)
    Ahhh I took a little break from blogging, but I'm finally back, and I'm so glad. Seriously, I missed reading your adorable blog!
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE blog!! This outfit is super cute! I am your newest fan and follower! :)

    xo, Cari

    lesweettooth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!