the ring, the septic tank, and the tattoo.

sunday started off with homemade blueberry pancakes because i've been craving them for weeks (no, i am not pregnant) and could have potentially ended on a really bad note thanks to a wasp that infiltrated my kitchen on saturday afternoon...

























on saturday afternoon while flojo and i were getting getting a snack, i spotted a wasp flying behind the kitchen curtain, so i reached for a magazine - that's been sitting on the catch-all counter for more months than i'd like to admit - and started swinging.  during the battle i managed to swing right into this tiny little antique porcelain dish that sits in my windowsill and is the perfect size for a couple rings, making it do a few impressive front flips before landing in the windowsill again.  i got the wasp and didn't think about it again until we were ready to leave on sunday afternoon for my tattoo appointment.  i reached in the little basket for my engagement ring (even though i'm married and have a band that i don't wear), and... nothing.  i knew i put it there last so i went into panic mode and knew i had to tell chris.  at first he thought i was joking, but when he realized i was serious he said, "well you're not getting a tattoo if you just lost a four thousand dollar ring!!!"  i wanted to cry.  so we had to get under the sink and take a pipe off, and... nothing.  then i really wanted to cry, because my ring was gone.  after a few minutes i thought, "wait!  maybe when i closed the window i closed it over the ring not realizing it was there!"  luck was on my side that day, because my ring was right there when i opened the window!  so i learned my lesson... and i still got to get my tattoo.  after we left the house, chris told me that he'd decided when the ring wasn't in the basket that he'd just have to dig up the septic tank and go through it handful by handful until he found it.  now that, my friends, is love.

























i've been wanting for years now to get a tattoo that said dinosaur toes, because that's flojo's nickname (and i'm sure you've surmised my shop's and blog's namesake), and she means more to me than words could ever describe.  so now i'll always have dinosaur toes with me, and on her favorite perch - my right shoulder!

25 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. i would die of panic if i lost my engagement ring. i am so insane about losing it that it always goes back into its box that it came in on the same spot on the same dresser.
    yay for your new tattoo! i love it. the font is perfect and the sizing is too.

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you finally got your tattoo. these photos are beautiful! your tattoo and your ring are beautiful. annnd, that's true love right there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a classic story! And you have adorable freckle shoulders! And your tattoo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute tattoo, I'm glad you found that ring! It would have been devastating to lose something so precious. I actually lost my favorite ring a few months ago...still cant find it to this day ):

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god, I HATE that feeling! So glad you found it. And I love the tattoo, especially the placement :) Now you just need to get "Caitlin's Ass" on your ass, and life will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank goodness you found your ring! i have done that before and i hate the feeling! love the tattoo and the placement soo soo much!!!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love it! how cute and pretty!
    once the diamond got knocked out of my ring at work and i was a cashier and crying and looking everywhere and people kept asking if my line was open. it was so awful! i looked for 30 minutes before telling my husband (who works in the same store) and he walked right over and found it. geeze such a horrible feeling! i'm so glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i did that a couple weeks ago - thought i lost my engagement ring but found it in a pair of jeans in the laundry! eeeek! let's just say that i didn't mention it to my fiance for a couple of weeks. one of THE worst feelings in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are adorable! That looks nice on you! Glad you found your ring!!!! :)

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad you found your ring!! I just got my engagement ring and i'm pretty sure i would go into the witness protection program if I lost it! Love your tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man I would have had a breakdown if I lost my ring. So glad you were able to find it. Oh and your tat looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the tatoo is beautiful!

    xx
    www.pretpenser.com
    www.pretpenser.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad we both found our rings. I took my wedding band and engagement rings off while I was putting on sunblock. I placed them in or on my tote bag. After I finished I forgot about the rings. Until 5 minutes after getting out of the car and going to tour Salt Lake City. I panicked but thankful found them at the bottom of my tote.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WHEW! So glad you found your ring! The thought of losing mine scares me so much I just never take it off!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you found your ring. it would have been horrible if you had to go through the septic tank to find it. Yuck! your tattoo is sweet

    ReplyDelete
  16. that tatoo looks so cool
    -Doris

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your tatoo!!!
    Visit my blog on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.com and my fb page on www.facebook.com/laviecestchic hope you like it!!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy you found your ring, and I LOVE your tattoo! So dainty and perfect for you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute, meaningful tattoo, and I love that it's right where she perches :)

    I would have been SO panicked if that happened with my ring - I can't even imagine that feeling. So glad you found it and that your (sweet, sweet) husband didn't have to dig through the septic tank!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the tattoo! The type that you picked looks so pretty.
    That story is so typical! I'm so glad it ended well though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your new tattoo! And the placement is ridiculously perfect! So lovely, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the tattoo! also, what a story. you've got a good man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the tattoo! And I'm glad you got your ring back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!