i'm turning into a granny and i'm not even 30.

you remember yesterday how i told you that i wanted to share my latest project? well, i've really been having fun with it, but i do realize that it probably makes me seem like such a granny to get so much joy and satisfaction from crocheting. i mean, seriously, my dad called last saturday and asked what i was doing. when i told his i was crocheting, he said, "CROCHETING?!?!?" and laughed. i guess it is kind of funny because the stereotypical crocheter (is that even a word?) is double my age or more. but what can i say? i like it. be that as it may, here's what i've been crocheting...

those bottles are old, not just knock-offs! the house where chris' grandpa grew up is, sadly, caving in, but we walked down to it a few weekends ago and i got a few old bottles from the parts that didn't threaten to collapse and take me along with them. i don't know that i'll use all three, but i like having one out though for a flower vase! and speaking of flowers, chris came in on tuesday afternoon after a hike through the woods with a handful of flowers! now i feel bad about saying such nasty things about him. i kid!

22 comments:

  1. i love those@
    you makde them!
    impressive to the maxxxxx
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...teach me how!!! Seriously, share...now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What CaL said! Or at least share links to a decent how-to blog.

    Those are stunning and I'm very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cal, asheyna, i regret to inform you, i don't have any links! i don't know how to read crochet patterns, so i just kind of figured a stitch out on my own, but it's actually really simple, and i'm a total novice at crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome!!! i think your granny-ness is your sexiest quality ;) no wait, that's your animal loving!

    it's a shame my momma is an excellent crochet-er (is that a word?!) i should have learned. lol

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a unique idea! i love it and it's pretty. not granny-ish at all :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Narcissus flowers my favorite!!!! I love the bottle dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful. I love the color too. So soft and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh funny! I was telling my dad about a recent crochet/knitting date I had with my friend, and he just kept making nursing home jokes of various sorts. Dads don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was delighted with his blog. I will return often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE these! I want to learn how to crochet so badly and projects like this make me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love these so much, you should buy bottles and crochet on them and SELL them!! lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your project is absoute cuteness. I love the teeny tiny glass.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these. I wish I could crochet. I once knit a pair of socks. That's about the extent of my yarn-related successes. These are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your crochet bottle covers! they're so cute they make me want to pick up crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so pretty! The grouping you have them in is perfect, too. Don't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love crocheting! And those daffoldils are really prettys. We have some mixed in with our roses in the house right now. those bottles are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! I love these! You are so gifted! :) Please feel free to hop over to enter my giveaway :). Hearts, Janna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. you have amazing skills! if i knew how to crochet, i would be right there with you, crocheting away.
    these are so beautiful, i hope you sell them! because i want! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so beautiful. Did you just make up the pattern as you went along. The wee one is so cute and i love the colours you chose.

    I just stumbled upon your blog today, your photos are wonderful!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. You might be surprised to find you aren't all that young in the world of fiber arts anymore ;)
    check out www.ravelry.com I'm jadielady there if you decide to join!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to learn! My mom would crochet all the time but I sadly never took the time to learn. Dang it I regret it now. :(

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!