from film, with love.

because i love film so much, and i love sharing and seeing film pictures, i've decided to try and post a few film pictures maybe once a week. i had two rolls of film from two different cameras developed on thursday, and i knew i was in for a surprise. one of the rolls was taken last august when i was in san francisco and carmel, ca, but since i have six rolls of film from that trip, i don't know what's what! the other roll i took with my vintage olympus pen ee half frame camera, and i'm still really learning on that one. i have so much fun with it, and it's always so exciting getting those pictures developed!

the third picture is my favorite. i love how from frame to frame the colors and light leaks can change! ahhhh, i'm smitten with film. do you have any film pictures on your blog or flickr? i finally brought my flickr page back to life and hope to add mostly film pictures.

15 comments:

  1. OMG...I LOVE the 3rd one too! Why don't you live here dammit?! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are amazing! i love the colors in the 2nd and 3rd ones the best! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What CaL said! Ha ha! I love your film posts. A big goal of mine is to get back into photography, I know I'm capable of better shots. Your definitely inspiring me! Hearts, janna lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are soooo beautiful! I've shot in film before and really loved it. You're making me want to start again hehe. Thank you for the inspiration. Can't wait to see what else you take photos of!

    Also, I'm excited to hear that you did some metalwork! Getting back into it again, how do you like it? I would love to see what you made.

    Have a great weekend Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anything about photography and I'm not interested in it myself, but I love looking at other people's pictures. :) My bro-in-law is a photographer (for a living) and he and my sis are going to Paris and Italy this summer FOR WORK (to photograph a wedding) . . . now THAT I am jealous of. You should check out his website. http://andrewthomaslee.com/blog/

    Also, when's your next trip to SF?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, third one is amazing! i would frame it.
    i have so many film cameras, i really need to find time to go use them.

    my friend has a pen f, they are so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. duh, i mean pen ee.

    know what another super fun camera is? vivitar ultra wide and slim. i like to carry one around with me, and use it when i can remember it's in the diaper bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are amazing! The third one in particular -- it looks like a painting, like the sky's not even real. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! I love instant film, but I haven't tried out film-film in years. I think it's time!

    New reader, and loving your blog, by the way. It's gorgeous!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. The third one is gorgeous! I love film photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these photos are beautiful! i love the split frame and colors.

    looking forward to your film posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. film is so fun! too bad i'm not a cool film kid. i'll just live vicariously through you and your pretty pictures, k?

    love you friend!!!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The third one is absolutely wonderful. Hope to see more pictures of your own on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!