many years ago i decided to stop playing cruel jokes on myself by making myself think i could actually kick old habits and start living a life you'd read about in good housekeeping magazine. don't get me wrong, i'd like to live on organic vegetables, wake up at 6am to bake fresh bread and work in my garden, followed by a 10 mile jog, all while wearing freshly ironed clothes, but the reality is: i won't! so to keep things honest, or even to keep from setting the bar too high, i've created a list of resolutions with which i'm happy to comply. i pledge to:
1. eat as many french fries as i want and never feel guilty about it.
2. go thrifting and buy things i don't need because, hey, you can't beat the price!
3. continue making jewelry and not worry when people think i don't have a "real" job.
4. continue correcting the most obvious grammatical errors.
5. wear my pajamas all day long.
6. make my bed only after i change the sheets.
7. always be honest, even if it means disagreeing.
8. anthropomorphize animals.
9. dream of living in san francisco.
10. use humor in serious situations.
have you made any new year's resolutions? are you good about sticking with them? and, in honor of national bird day (thanks, anna, for letting me know), here's my heart and soul...