what i've been working on.

the last few weeks i feel like i've been spending so much time editing pictures, packaging orders, updating my website, etc. that i haven't been able to make items like i should. this week i've made it a point to get some new bullet and stone, and orb and stone necklaces made! i've got a few more in the works right now and some fun new pieces with feathers to show you soon. until then, here are a few things i've been working on...

the last bullet necklace has an amethyst AND a quartz stone, and i'm thinking i kind of like a necklace with two different stones! the only bad thing about making lots of new things is that i start wanting more stones, and i'm not kidding, i can barely hold back from just going crazy and buying every stone i see! speaking of jewelry, i'm going to choose a winner tomorrow for the turquoise necklace giveaway, so be sure to enter if you haven't yet!

aside from jewelry making, i also plan to design and print new business cards this weekend which i'm pretty excited about! i pretty much just like having a reason to play with photoshop. i've also been wanting to make a certain hair accessory, but since it requires a lot of sewing, i may get lazy. i hope to have pictures to show you, though!

what have you been working on lately? do have a link to pictures? i love seeing your projects!

14 comments:

  1. wow those looks beautiful! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look beautiful, Danielle! Still waiting on my orb, I think it got jumbled up in the mail with my move :(
    It should show up soon though - I have faith in the postal service! Excited to see the feathers you've been working with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all looks wonderful. You are truly talented!

    I really should get back into my illustrations... but creativity has been low around these parts lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pieces always look so magical. Sometimes even like they defy gravity, and what should be impossible in jewellery.
    I keep hinting to my hubby to get me something of yours...hopefully he catches on sometime soon.
    -Cara Mason
    www.midkid.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pieces you've created! I particularly love that first orb necklace - what a great piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all wonderful. I especially love the colours in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love all of your work, it's so inspiring. love love love it, and you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Danielle. I really like the bullet with two different types of stones. Also, have I told you that I love these necklaces even more now that I know you get the bullet casings from your own target practice? Because that is awesome.

    I have started my shop update, too. Here are some new things: http://sadiedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/02/few-new-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The orb is utterly beautiful. I love your designs, they manage to be appear utilitarian but fragile and beautiful at the same time.

    And until I read the comments above I had no idea that your sourced your bullet casings from your own target practice! Coming from a country where guns are seriously illegal that makes me go "Blimey!" but "Cool!" at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bullet necklaces have always been on my wishlist! This week I've been working on Sugar Cookies :)

    http://theafeminada.blogspot.com/2011/02/sugar-cookies.html

    -Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lovee my penguin bowl! It's the right type of tacky :) Btw, my boyfriend is amazed by your bullet necklaces! He's always like "whoa, what is she shooting?" :)

    -Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thanks! If I could make pretty jewels as lovely as yours it'd be a dangerous thing. I'd end up looking like this:

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EbyJJmg_Frs/SwghgXHJwKI/AAAAAAAADoc/swf6DPFjmCs/s400/blog_circa_03.jpg

    ....or much much worse. Human christmas tree!

    P.s. I might be doing a wooden bird giveaway soon, and since I don't have many followers, the odds are good!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!