meet our sponsor: sadie rose

if you look over to the right, you'll find sponsor buttons from fellow bloggers and shop owners. be sure to go say hi if you get a chance! today's interview is with sadie rose, blogger and owner of the eclectic shop sadie deluxe on etsy. sadie's shop is filled with a collection of vintage clothing and accessories as well as handmade items from her line "lost boys and lovers."

1. tell us your name, where you're from and where you currently live.

My name is Sadie Rose - I'm originally from the Bay Area and Lake Tahoe, and then I spent college and the 5 years after that in Oregon. Now I'm back in Northern California, surrounded by fruit trees and flowers and endless sunny skies.

2. what are some of your favorite hobbies?

Clothes times a billion. I love to find, fix, and sell vintage, and I also reconstruct anything and everything. Textile art is what I love spending my time on. I also make jewelry and accessories - another hobby that I love. Other than that, I don't have time for too many hobbies...I'm also a mom, so I spend much of my time raising my sweet little boy, too.

3. because we all love a good laugh, tell us an embarrassing story about yourself.

Oh jeez. I try to avoid these things as much as possible. I suppose what first comes to mind is this: a while ago, I sent an ex-lover a sort of dark and steamy email. The next morning, I had a reply to the email - but it was from the female web developer that had been hired by the company I worked for (I had been corresponding with her, and somehow her email address popped up in the auto function, and I didn't notice). She simply said "Sadie - I don't think this was intended for me."

I COULD HAVE DIED!!!

You never realize how ridiculous your sexy emails are until you realize they've been read by the wrong eyes.

4. what are some of your favorite blogs and daily reads?

My absolute favorites are by people who I know, or who I've come to know through the Etsy community. My latest daily reads are Urban Revisions, Scout & Catalogue, Gather, and The Girl Who Married a Bear.

5. where do you find fashion inspiration?

Everywhere - especially the internet. I'm constantly taking notes when I'm out in the world, too. Watching who wears what, and how. In Chico, I'm surrounded by lots of reconstructers-of-clothing, so that's cool. Online, my tastes vary. I love the vintage bohemian Northern California look, and my favorite of these is Nicole of Flaming Hag Folkwear. She puts together the most amazingly killer outfits ever. But sometimes I do get a little nostalgic for the classic hipster-ness that I was immersed in up in Portland, and then I'll usually browse through the archives of Urban Weeds.

6. please tell us five things you think we should know about you.

five whole things!? well - i love cleaning (it makes me feel good), and i rarely brush my hair. i don't really like to drive and i longingly dream of owning a clawfoot bathtub (or two - one for outside). and finally, i lost a spelling bee in high school because i spelled "rhinoceros" wrong. I'm still a little bummed about it.

7 comments:

  1. 1. I love her shop.. 2. She sounds adorable & 3. That is the most embarrassing moment I've ever heard.

    <3 Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Sadie Delux! this lady rocks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great artist! Thank you so much for sharing her with us. I had to cover my face when I read her embarrassing story. SO BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me triple check my "send to area" on my gmail lol. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. d, i always find the neatest people through your features!

    i'm in love with those boots and EVERYTHING in her shop. i giggled and thanked God none of my steamy emails ever got put into the wrong hands (texts-- that's another story)

    and i love her 5 things.

    awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to learn more about Sadie. I love her shop and especially those antler earrings.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!