hey, hey mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

good day. in case you've noticed it too, i feel like i need to admit that i've gotten kind of boring lately. i want to blog, i really do, but sometimes i feel like it sort of takes a back seat to other things. there's been a lot going on lately, some good things, some bad things, and i really have come back to my computer with the intention of sitting down and posting something awesome, but my brain just doesn't work so i end up posting nothing. i promise i do have a few fun things lined up for you, but i just have to get around to actually posting them! in the meantime, i hope you find this as hilarious as i do.


last week during one of our weekly conversations, carla and i started talking about our shared love of leslie hall and her creative genius. i'd seen her videos craft talk and blame it on the booty, but somehow i'd completely missed this video! being the good friend carla is, she sent me the link and i've been watching it ever since. even flojo dances to it! don't those dance moves make you want to have a dance off? i know i do!

i hope you're having a good week! keep those legs moving and hips thrusting, my friends, and i hope you look better when dancing than i do.

15 comments:

  1. Kind of kills me that you have a pet who dances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha jesus . i've never seen her videos before but i died laughing. keep thrusting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAH! WOW! That video is so incredibly bad, it's good. Thanks for adding some dance tunes to my day.

    Just watching this lady dance makes me instantly me feel better about my own awkward dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. who IS this lady?!!!!
    oh my gosh, i love this!
    i am so stealing this and sharing it on facebook...
    kills me!!!!

    miss you snow

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHA!!! that is hilarious! I love that Flojo was dancing to it! Hey you could practice doing the worm to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes, that is pure dance awesomeness...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I burst out in laughter when I read this post. Alex thinks I'm crazy. He wants to meet the mysterious "Danielle" that shares the same sense of humor.

    I think you have to visit soon. I don't know if I could solo dance off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing. totally want to put on some sparkly spandex and have a dance party now. :)
    peace & love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man. Good one. I remember watching Gem Sweater over and over again years ago with my sister. It's not as high quality, but equally awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypn436DFTUQ
    P.S. I'm 30!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahha loved that vid danielle! and you are never boring my friend...i love coming to your space. you and flojo must have dance off parties hahha

    ReplyDelete
  11. For more laughs I would recommend you watch Leslie's video she made to advertise her performance at the Iowa state fair last summer.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ2JF6palRg

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my! i think i just peed myself laughing so hard!
    p.s. i was out thrifting last week & thought of you when i saw this little bag of parrot napkin rings...
    i'm not crazy stalkerish ~ i'm an old friend of carls's (lola & george) so please don't be freaked! & the starry eyed charlie blog interview was great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Received my painting in the post today! Yippee! I love it so much! It is even more beautiful in the flesh, thankyou so much. I have some appreciation photos on my blog:
    http://serendipitychild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leslie Hall! LMAO!! I discovered her thorugh Yo Gabba Gabba! She is hillarious!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!