what a day.

My day started off (early) fine as usual, but it went a little sideways about noon. The four little kittens I'm currently raising still have several weeks before they'll be able to eat on their own, and as much as I would like to raise them until they're ready to go to new loving homes, I can't. I'll be leaving on June 10th for California, and Chris will be going on a roadtrip while I'm gone, which means that I need to find someone who can raise these babies. I called the Humane Society and told the lady the whole story, only to have her get rude with me and say they wouldn't help. So I've been crying most of the day, but Chris called them back and got someone much nicer who said they'll find a foster mom for the kittens. I'm glad they can help, but at the same time I'm kind of sad. I told myself that I would NOT get attached, but that pretty much went right out the window as soon as I heard that first pur.

I'll probably be crying for a few days, but I always get super emotional when it comes to animals. So if you read the following posts and I seem a little melancholy, I am, but it'll pass.

So, what's with the old pictures? I got them as part of my vintage exchange gift from Lucy, and I just love them! What's really neat is that some of them are from Germany, as is my family! Since I've been busy with the kittens, and crying, and trying to find someone kind enough to help me out and raise the little angels, I didn't have much time to think about blogging; I just took a picture of the picture to show you because they're pretty, and I figured I'd give you an update. I'll be back tomorrow with "Wishlist Wednesday!"

10 comments:

  1. I am sure the kittens will go to a wonderful foster home, they are so lucky they you to take care of them in the first place. Its hard not to get attatched to animals, especially baby ones. I love vintage photos what a wonderful thing to receive through the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh im sorry sorry you have to leave the kitties! I understand getting attached to animals, especially at that age.. im sure the foster home will be fab though, i got my cat from one and it was lovely!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. bring the kittens to cali! or at least one of them... i would take it!
    you're the best animal lover out there - i admire that about you!
    one week and two days - yahoo!
    xo megalotamillion

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheer up buttercup. all is well that ends well and they will be a-okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh I am sure they will find an "almost as awesome as you" kitty momma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there! I've had a similar experience. It will work out and you're doing a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kittens make me emotional too... Or well my old cat does as well.

    Basically any animal really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear that the first lady was not nice to you. But I am glad to hear the second person was nicer and more helpful. Have fun in California!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry you have to leave them, but I'm sure they will go to a great home. I get the same way about animals and I would jump at the opportunity to take care of four little kittens. Its great to be an animal lover.

    Have a great time in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw i'm glad to hear they were willing to help set up a foster while you're gone!

    the vintage photos are lovely, what a wonderful exchange gift!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!