my chewbacca: an outfit post

you know how there are times when you see something that's, uh, unusual, and you have to ask yourself, "is it different or ugly in a good way, or different and repulsive in a bad way?" such is the case with my chewbacca sweater. it may repulse, and that might be why i found it away from its previous owner at a thrift store, but i wear that fur ball with pride!

sweater: vintage/thrifted, striped top: j. crew/thrifted, chiffon skirt: maurice's, tights: target, wedges: steve madden, necklace: i made it after i stole from my husband's coin collection.

i should have taken a closer picture of the sweater so you could see it in all its fuzzy glory, but you'll just have to take my word on this one: it's awesome.

my dear husband enjoys a good laugh while making faces during these pictures, or by suddenly screaming to see how much he can scare me. so i played along, and luckily i had a clear nose that day, otherwise i would've had a little something for him...

24 comments:

  1. "Laugh it up, Fuzzball."

    Well, you can probably assume that I love the sweater. I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an adorable sweater! I'll definitely take your word that it's awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so gorgeous in these photos! I love love your sweater!

    See Me Rwar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha the nerd in my got excited when I saw "chewbacca". The sweater actually isn't half bad! ;) The last photo is hilarious though
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to be completely honest, i'd rather just act like that in pictures rather than trying to be serious!

      Delete
  5. you're so cute! I love your chewbacca sweater. especially with the stripes underneath. And tell that husband of yours to play nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're right, i should break his legs for messing with me.

      Delete
  6. What a great outfit and I LOVE you hair! You look really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute post. I love the stripped T shirt under the sweater look!
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wear that chewbacca sweater with pride girl. you are totally rockin it so be thankful that someone gave it to the thrift store so you can wear the shit out of it!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes i don't know what i'd do if people didn't give so much old and awkward stuff to the goodwill for me to buy! thanks, cb :)

      Delete
  9. Oh Chewy! I think it looks a treat! Just dont pick your nose and eat it....that's Franks newest trick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww you look lovely! You keep trying to convince us you're awkward buuut nothing doing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are hilarious - and i'm loving that sweater! the bigger, the fuzzier the sweater...the better, i say!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your chewbacca is brilliant. I have a sweater which I thrifted and it looks like a carpet that could only belong in an old lady's living room. I love it, regardless...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha - you are too funny - love that last pic :) And that sweater looks amazingly comfy :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha! If you found something then I guess you would've had a new accessory!

    http://jugglingchic.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your boots. When you don't use them anymore, sell them to me ;)

    If you like fashion, you will surely like my blog with finnish flavour ! I invite you to check it out, and why not follow it to support and be the first to know when I post ;)

    xoxo Heidi Caterina

    SearchingforLBD.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the simple yet chic look! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen in that fuzzy wuzzy sweater. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!