lines, lines, lines: an outfit post

as time goes on i find myself more and more obsessed with stripes; so much so that i could compare my love of stripes to my love of birds, murphy oil soap, fleece sheets, and bagels with nutella. it's pretty serious. i have several striped shirts that are on almost constant rotation and the good news is: they were all thrifted for just a few dollars!

jacket with lines: vintage/thrifted, shirt with lines: banana republic/thrifted, skirt with subtle lines you can't see int he pictures: maurices, tights with lines: target, shoes: steve madden, necklace: i made it

i may have hated geometry and drawing dumb lines on graphs in school, but clearly i can appreciate lines now. and i imagine if i would have been given dozens of numbers that drew a line and told to add them to a shirt rather than a graph on a calculator, i would have enjoyed math a lot more in school.

how was your weekend? mine was great! i scrubbed nearly every surface of my house with my beloved murphy oil soap, ran, rearranged and redecorated a few things in my house, went to a new chinese restaurant (which, coincidentally had the best sushi i've ever eaten), played with ducks, and scrubbed some more.

17 comments:

  1. I am also obsessed with stripes, and weird coincidence, I am wearing pretty much the same outfit you have on here today, striped black and white shirt+black skirt. It's one of my fave combos lately! Also, you played with ducks!? Please elaborate!!!!! :) Xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great minds think alike! chris and i went to a new restaurant which has a large pond nearby, so the ducks and geese that hang out at that pond are pretty tame (i imagine because they're used to people bringing food to them) so we hung out for a little while, talked about life, and exchanged email addresses ;)

      Delete
  2. I really should've spent the weekend scrubbing my house but I really hate doing that :) I love stripes AND thrifting quality pieces (like BR & JCrew) because I would never by them new! Good scores! I really love the skirt you're wearing too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lisa, i COMPLETELY agree about not buying those brands new. i think they're pretty expensive, and really, if you can find them for just a few dollars, why not thrift?!

      Delete
  3. im so obsessed with stripes, i have to hold back and buying them sometimes because i have so many but they always look good. love that skirt so much, it is the perfect amount of ruffle!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, cb! you know, i think the only reason i have so many stripes is because most of them are thrifted, otherwise i wouldn't able to afford them all!

      Delete
  4. I love that jacket so much! ... and Murphy's oil soap... and bagels with nutella. Which is why I couldn't help but add you to my blog roll today :) Thanks for always bringing a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we must somehow be connected, because it takes a special kind of awesome to understand the greatness of stripes, murphy's and nutella on bagels ;) and, thank YOU for always making me laugh!

      Delete
  5. I love stripes, too, I'm wearing some now! But bagels with nutella... to die for!!

    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm, just reading your comment makes me want another bagel with nutella (even though i already had one for breakfast)!

      Delete
  6. i love stripes. i wear them way too often.
    and the murphy oil soap thing....i get it!! we have all hard wood floors so that's the only thing i use and when i'm done i sit down and enjoy the moment. the moment of cleanliness and the scent.
    and seriously, i love every single outfit of yours. you always appear so classy and well put together!
    glad you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stripes. stripes. stripes. the best in the world. And you rock some stripes like nobodies business. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i love me some stripes. and i feel like i've told you this before, but i'm loving those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I be lovin dem lines!!! yes, I have 2 striped skirts that I wear at least twice a week - much to the annoyance of my family, "you are wearing that again?" Murphy soap? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm - I totally want a bagel with Nutella after reading this post :) Love the pattern mixing goin' on here - and I agree, stripes=amazing!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. you can never go wrong with a pretty striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this outfit! Right up my alley! You look darling!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!