budgie scare

On Sunday night, when putting my little Flojo to bed, I noticed that Frankenstein the parakeet had a strange look on her face. My first thought was that she had broken her wing by the way it was drooping, but upon further inspection I discovered that a string she'd been chewing on had frayed and wrapped itself around her wing during her playing. It took my husband and I both to hold her still and remove the offending string, but we managed. One flight feather had been pulled, causing some bleeding, and much fear on my part. Because I was too scared to sleep, I sat on the floor beside her cage all night long to be sure she would be okay. Now, two days later, I'm sure she's recovered as she's back to her biting and hyperactive behavior. On a lighter note, I found this picture on a friend's facebook page and thought I'd share!

1 comment:

  1. You're a very dedicated bird parent to stay up all night like that. I'm glad everything turned all alright.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!