get in mah belleh

WOOO, it's friday!  since tuesday night, i've been feeling like friday would never get here.  not that i have any crazy parties or elaborate plans, but i have a painting i want to work on and i'm excited!  anyway, remember how i told you earlier this week about the blueberry pancakes i made last sunday for breakfast?  i don't really enjoy cooking all that much, but sometimes i get excited about making something new, something i know i'll love.  so i wanted to share it with you!






















 it takes some preparation and mixing time, but it really is easy.  so here's what you'll need:

- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teasooon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed
- an appetite

in a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and set aside.  in a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. beat egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl; add milk and melted butter. stir egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth and stir in blueberries. fold in beaten egg whites. then cook!

i hope you have a great weekend, and let me know if you decide to try the pancakes!

10 comments:

  1. Ummm yum! Sure beats the porridge I had this morn! Might ditch the scrambled eggs for sat morn and try this instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm pancakes! I am terrible at making pancakes, they always come out spongy or burnt. Maybe I'll have Kevin make these for me :) Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious! xx
    littlealpaca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. I feel the same way about cooking. But I might be more inclined to cook if I had pretty plates to eat off of like yours!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberry pancakes are my favorite breakfast food! These look amazing. And hooray for friday! I feel like this week has dragged on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plate is so pretty! I've been looking for a new pancake recipe, I'll try yours out soon!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look amazing! Hope you had an awesome weekend Danielle :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!