i almost called this post have/need, but decided against it to avoid a long explanation and even mild brainwashing, as my husband, like most husbands, doesn't fully understand a woman's need for new and exciting clothes. yesterday i was reading a post by one of the funniest and most entertaining bloggers, who also happens to be kind of a big deal as far as clothes are concerned, and i discovered a new website to stalk - mikkat market. i was hesitant to visit because i'm a champion cheapskate, and i had a feeling i'd want a bajillion dollar's worth of stuff. to be honest, the prices are affordable (translation: i'm far too tight to buy everything there, but i could definitely see myself getting a few things here and there), and the clothes are amazing. just for fun, i picked a few of my favorite things and then paired them with pieces i already have. one of my favorite things to do when shopping - window shopping included - is think of how i'd mix an item with what i already own.
1. WANT: silk button blouse, HAVE: necklaces from dinosaur toes and sadie designs.
2. WANT: zipper jacket, HAVE: studded flats (bought for $6 from a discount store, of course).
3. WANT: twisted shoulder dress, HAVE: cuff bracelet, a birthday gift from my mars.
4. WANT: orange ruffle skirt, HAVE: nude suede wedges from target.
5. WANT: white lace shorts, HAVE: vintage purse, christmas gift from micaela.
so there you have it, what i'd spend my money on assuming i had spending money! i kid. well, i mean not entirely, but like i've said before, my life is rich in so many other ways; a loving husband, the pretties parrot in the universe, the funniest pop alive, a successful website...what do i have to complain about?! wow, things just got kind of heavy, right? anyway, i hope you're enjoying your tuesday!