my glorious loot and the time out chair.

yesterday my sweet thrifting buddy and i had a date. we started off with lunch, and because i love a good, greasy, heart-stopping lunch, i got a side of cheesesticks with my cheesy potato soup (i really like cheese). afterward, we did a little thrifting and came away with some pretty nice loot. micaela said that she and i were bad for each other because we would talk one another into buying all sorts of things, but i actually think we're perfect for each other, because if you don't get something you like from the thrift store, it probably won't be there when you go back. so, the way i see it, we're just saving each other from heartache! now, look on my treasures (i recently watched borat)...

i'm so painfully shy that i even feel weird when chris takes my picture. that's why i look like i do there. i really love the dress. i'm not allowed to wear jeans to work (which sucks, especially since all of my clients wear jeans and wouldn't be offended if i did), so i pretty much wear dresses year round. i like to look for dresses that work in the miserable summer heat, but still look cute with leggings, scarves, coats and boots in the winter. this one passes the four seasons test!

poor little native american man has a bad hair day, and i think he may be a little bit of a creeper. still, i think he's oddly cute. and because i'm now certifiably cat crazy, i just couldn't resist this sweet little planter. i mean, who doesn't love a yellow kitty playing with a giant ball of yarn?!?

last, and best of all, is The Chair. i love it so much i even capitalized its name! this is the one thing i'm SO glad micaela talked me into buying, because if i'd come home sans Chair, i probably would have cried. well, probably not, but maybe, thanks to my lady hormones. anyway, i told her that when chris saw it, he'd probably say, "what do you need a tiny Chair for???" but because chris is baby crazy and can't wait to be a dad, i'd say, "one day we'll have a kid, and they can sit in it," and then he'd like it. he did ask me what i needed with that Chair, and i explained all the reasons micaela gave me to support owning The Chair, and the things i could set on it. so, clearly he had to understand. but the real fun came when i told him what my plan was. since chris is 6'2" and The Chair is about 1' tall, i told him that it would be hilarious if he sat in it for a picture to go in this blog post! so he sat in The Tiny Chair, then i gave him a tiny book to read and we died laughing. it was so hilarious that i thought i'd wet my pants. so after we finally stopped laughing, chris did something to pick on me, and i told him to be careful or he'd have to go sit in The Timeout Chair. then the laughing started again. i can see The Chair will bring us lots and lots of joy, so thanks, micaela! and i've already decided that it will be mandatory for people who come to visit me have their picture taken in my tiny timeout Chair.

whew, i feel like i did a lot of rambling! anyway, i hope you've had a good weekend so far, and i hope you have a good monday!

20 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to your post about your thrifting date! That chair is adorable--I love the Mexican colors! I'm in Guatemala right now and pretty much smitten with all the bright colors on everything. And the nice people, and the weather, and the delicious beans. Maybe I'll stay. :)

    Pic of Chris in chair = hilarious. Pic of you with dress & Flojo = beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that chair! and the pic with your husband in it it FUNNY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adorable chair! i'm glad you got it, too. definitely an item you go home dreaming about about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for thrifting friends; definitely saving you heartache!

    and not only is The Chair precious, it really is perfect for funny photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cats! I just bought a vintage baby dear planter (in yellow) while I was out thrifting yesterday! (for christmas for my animal crazy daughter!) too funny.

    love your dress, you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're so cute darling. &nice birdie.
    and the chair is such a great find. love it.
    hope youre having a wonderful weekend
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't wait to see Chris and the tiny Chair!!! i am soooo glad you bought it! :) i can't stop giggling at the model pic-- good thinking on the small book! ha i love it!! "time out chair"

    and think about it-- you can give the poor indian man with the bad hair day to your future baby too ;) it cracked me up when the checkout lady commented on his pitiful hair too.

    that dress looks beautiful on you!

    you are SO right- we ARE better for each other for that because my heartache over the enamel table lasted a full week and two days. :( lol

    i LOVE our thrifting dates! so much fun. i'm so happy to know you both! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a chair like that when I was little... it wasn't painted like that but it had a wicker bottom.. my mom still has it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the stuff you thrifted! and that photo of you and your birdy is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHA love that pic of chris and you are too cute for words!
    xo
    B

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last photo is hilarious and precious! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still think that figurine is a woman. No indian man looks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha! That is pretty funny. I like the way you thrift, everything is very cool in a non-typical way. Just like you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I love that picture! That chair is SO awesome. You're too cool for words! Thanks so SO much for the long lovely comment on my awkward blog post! I put a lot of exclamation marks in this! heh.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohmygoodness! that first photo is just too adorable! :D

    -Adri

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that dress! where is it from?
    and that chair reminds me of my time out chair growing up. my momma still uses it for my little cousins. there are 5 of them so she also had to invest in a time out bench. her rule is that you have to sit as many minutes as you are old. it was the only time I liked being the youngest!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww i love that you have that Chair. i had the very same chair when i was tiny enough to sit in it as a little one. it makes me happy to see one again. i actually have a twin sis to, we had one blue and one red. i want to find it now! :)
    peace & love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG...I want the dress and the chair. Pleeeeeeease! Pretty pleeeease! How much? Teach me to thrift shop! I only find Junk. (with a capital J!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yeah...for the record...I want your hair too! You just got it going on girlfriend! Send the pic to girlsgonechild and win the boots!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!