if you see me doing it, beat me up.

there are many fashions and trends that i may not follow myself, but i can understand why someone else might. then there are those that completely baffle me. i know we all have our own opinions, and even if you follow these i'm pretty sure we can still be friends, but when it comes to my own personal style, i have to put my (non-furry or socked) foot down. which is why i implore you, if you see me following any of these trends, please beat me up.

the first trend that i will not subject myself to is the "i mutilated chewbacca and am now wearing his feet" craze. i'm a self-proclaimed bootaholic, but i like my boots to look like boots, not like like feet of a forest creature.

the second trend i cannot understand and will not incorporate into my outfits is the socks and sandals trend. i know that it's all over the place, but it makes me wonder if i'm the only one who used to think it was funny seeing people (you know, the middle-aged men or beach tourists) who wore socks with sandals. not only that, but it seems to me that by wearing socks, you're kind of defeating the purpose of wearing sandals, no? again, not doing it for me.

lastly, more chewbacca skinning and mutilation. don't get me wrong, i've seen some much smaller, tasteful faux fur vests, but these oversized shaggy things just confuse me. and i've also seen many of them worn with belts; accessorizing it doesn't make it look less ridiculous.

so there you have it. three things i will never wear, no matter how brave i'm feeling. what are current or past trends that you don't get and won't wear?

16 comments:

  1. I hate all these things too! Ugh those vests are the worst. THE WORST. I also hate harem pants.

    and I love leggings as pants. everyone else hates it, but it's so freaking comfortable how can you hate it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally with you...except SOMETIMES i like faux furry vests...as long as the person wearing it isn't lost in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maddy, i'm onboard with you, leggings as pants for life! they're super comfy, and you can seriously wear them with EVERYTHING!

    shelly, fossil has a cute (small) fauz fur vest that i think is cute with a tee and jeans, but when you need to send a search party in there to find the person, it's a no go as far as i'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. I agree with you on all of these..plus I don't wear fur.
    I have to say, that whole trend that was going on when chicks were(and still are) wearing kids hair bows in their hair. I get the whole headband bow thing...but not just a bow that a 5 year old girl would wear. lol

    maybe it's just me :)
    hope your day is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sooo agree. Although I am never really one for tends...for example...you will never see my in uggs or crocs. Fur is wayyy out, although..ekkkk I do enjoy feathers, I always tend to think they were found as opposed to plucked. Whats your take on feathers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just not sure furry is ever a good idea. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're hilarious. I agree on all of these. The most flagrant, in my opinion, being the heels with socks. It's like the female equivalent of flip-flops and socks.
    Um bad trend I followed? I had a mullet like three years ago. On purpose. It amused me and no one else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am much in accordance with you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three, I really don't like, especially the socks/sandals! GROSS! I don't like any of those either... I used to hate the while collared shirt under a vest trend. EW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny! I don't know who came up with those furry animal feet "boots," but I agree with you on all accounts! I have worns socks with my keens, but that's only because of where I currently live (certainly not for a fashion statement) + it's never warm enough for sandals. I personally never liked Uggs either, though they've grown on me--from afar--over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those boots are the worst! i agree...pretty much clothing item that is worn by the cast of the "jersey shore" should never be worn in public.

    monica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good choices! Another one is the winter boot (mostly UGG boots) with short shorts. THAT I just don't get at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't think of anything right now... actually I have seen some scrappy, torn, belly-showing shirts, and I won't wear those. I'm too old and mom-like to try and get away with them, although torn jeans are totally fine.

    As far as the furs go, love the fact that you referenced Chewie! Basically I don't wear anything that looks like it needs to be treated monthly for fleas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i didn't really get the whole socks with sandals look, but recently i've actually seen it styled well where i thought it was actually cute. i don't think i'd ever wear it myself though.

    love you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I pretty much agree with all this, but you'll see a few of these things in the photo shoot I contributed too. Listen, I had no choice in the matter. All I could think was, I would never wear heels like that with socks in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. correction. I would never wear heels.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!