the new shoe dance

Yesterday I was feeling sort of silly (blame it on me doing children's church and playing with 4 to 7-year-olds), so I decided that I'd do a little dance to show you my new shoes. You've already heard enough about them, I'm sure, but I was so excited to finally get to wear them since a lot of the snow has melted and I no longer need boots. This may be foolish, but here they are...

It was sooooo pretty yesterday (about 60 degrees) and I think I could have spent the whole day walking around outside and watching all the little birds, but today is back to cold and rainy...bleh. In a few hours I'm going with my dad, stepmom and grandma to Roanoke to do a little antiquing, and I can't wait! I've got my camera battery charging, so I'll take some pictures to show you how our day went. My dad and stepmom have really been spoiling me lately; they've gotten me three different, decorative antique bird cages, and I'll show you them in the "two things I'm loving around my home" posts. So today, Dad said he found something that reminds him of me, and he wants to show it to me to see if I want it. I'm super curious and pretty excited! And speaking of antiques, I've got a REALLY neat story to tell you about a chair that my grandma has had for many years. I won't spill the beans today, I'll wait until tomorrow!

How was your weekend? Did you have nice weather and get to spend some time outside, too?

21 comments:

  1. Your shoes are awesome and your dance is even better! I dig your moves :)

    Have fun antiquing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I like your moccasins!
    AND I super jealous that you get to go antiquing, I've been itching to go lately.
    Happy Monday darling!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha that photo is great! I did spent time outside this weekend, it was very nice :) Can't wait to see your antique finds

    ReplyDelete
  4. shoes are adorable!love the dance.
    i hope you find some great stuff while you're shopping today!I had a rotten thrift day saturday. nothing jumped out at me (besides my midget thermos of course).

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh snow, you are the cutest thing EVER!
    i love your dance... and your shoes. you are more than adorable... more than beautiful...
    can't wait to see all your birdcages tomorrow!
    and to see what you get today!
    have fun!
    gazilliontrillionbillion

    ReplyDelete
  6. New shoes are great and this post is awesome!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha love the dance. I have ALWAYS wanted to teach childrens church, its on my one day to do list.

    Thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lot of neat things coming up! Please oh please tell us how to make a photo video like that!! You are too cute in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you my dear are too cute! The weather was nice yesterday in Houston. We had a family photo session out in a park for my Mom's 50th birthday. Apparently Hooters was shooting for their new calendar while we were out there. Photos coming soon. love the dance :)
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute shoes.
    cute dance.

    have fun on your antique-ing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your new shoe dance :). you're so cute.

    being around kids definitely makes you act silly...i should know!

    hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving your shoes! they're so cute.
    have fun antiquing! i already had my antiquing session for this week, finding my colorburst 300 :)
    and yes, i too get a little crazy when spending too much time with kids. but that's ok! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yes the new shoes dance....
    the only way to break in a new pair of shoes and to tell them how happy you are that they are your new shoes!

    do you know paulo nutinis new shoes song?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GAgm8sZ5mo

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahah love your little dance!!!

    Twila
    blog.twilasvintageclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super duper lovin' those shoes! and I love you animated picture! Can't wait to see and hear about your thrifty adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha, thanks for all the compliments on my moves! I only trained with the finest! I can't wait to share the pictures from our antiquing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so stink'n adorable. Those shoes have been in my mind every time I go on the hunt for my moccasin obsession that I seem to have got from seeing yours....
    Ohhh, I can't wait to see you bird cages!
    Take care my dear!
    xo Lexy

    ReplyDelete
  18. can you get any cuter?? :) i looove the new kicks. They indeed call for a happy dance! so does all the antiquing and being spoiled. ah, parents... bless them. Can't wait to see your new treasures!

    the weather yesterday was SO beautiful! I am happy to see grass again. I just got back from North Carolina and i may have loved every bit of holding Max's new niece who's 3 weeks old and PRECIOUS!

    i'm sleepy from the drive, so i'm off to cuddle and prepare myself for a mean gym work out for the bad food that was happily consumed tonight :)

    i picked the winner of my giveaway- THANK YOU SOOOO VERY MUCH for donating one of your gorgeous necklace. You're awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love
    1.your little moccasins
    2. also the sunny weather
    3. and your dance too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!