altruism(ed)

My husband the philanthropist has a project he hopes will change the world. I know it may sound silly, but I think he could. I put on my Barbara Walters hat and played reporter to introduce him and his mission. Just imagine he and I are sitting in a room across from one another and I have that stern, serious tone. And we begin...

Me: Tell us your name and three things about yourself.
Him: Yes, ma'am (sarcasm). My name is Chris. One, I've always enjoyed helping others no matter what the task; helping others is the drive behind altruismed. Two, motorcycles are another passion of mine, I prefer two wheels to four. Three, I live on a farm and wish farming were my full time job.

Me: How long have you been thinking about bringing this idea to fruition?
Him: Since December of 2007.

Me: Where do you hope altruismed will be in three years?
Him: A continually growing worldwide effort in kindness.

Me: If time, money and safety were not issues, what would be the one altruism you'd like to do?
Him: I have thought long and hard about "huge" altruisms, and while it would be amazing to think that someone might altruism another with a house or a car, I would prefer to pass on smaller altruisms such as treating someone to lunch, or simple things like assisting someone with their yardwork, even a quarter for a parking meter. Smaller altruisms would be more apt to continually be passed from one person to another.

Me: You wanna cook dinner for me tonight, and then brush my hair until I fall asleep?
Him: (silence).
(Well, it never hurts to ask!)

Image from Heath Cash.

1 comment:

  1. Well, all I can say is that Chris has been living this dream ever since I first met him about 10 years ago and his unselfish ways inspire me to want to do the same. Now, if we just didn't have to work and pay bills.....
    Keith

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!